Emergency calls... sirens... flashlights... when ambulances, fire brigades and police are involved, it's all about saving people’s lives or protecting property. With the help of the customised communication platform for rescue forces, even large-scale rescue operations can be managed in a clearly structured, coordinated manner. Commend supports the emergency teams to coordinate their rescue missions with optimum efficiency at every stage, from the first alarm to “Fire out!”.
Applications and key benefits
- Fire service, ambulance, police and other help and rescue services rely crucially on reliable emergency notifications and efficient coordination.
- A networked command post and fail-safe communication system help to rescue lives and property.
- In emergencies, it is vital to be able to make announcements in a clear, easily audible and perfectly intelligible to all rescue workers. All integrated Public Address equipment and Intercom stations at the command post are ready and available to serve this essential purpose.
- Integration with rescue services’ radio communication systems allows for making direct announcements via radio communication or alarm pagers.
- Multi-functional Commend Control Desks make responding to emergency situations quick and easy.
- Initiated at the touch of a button, automatically repeating alarm announcements help to reduce the response time of alerted emergency services.
- Coordinating rescue services via radio communication and directing special forces via telephone – all from the same central Control Desk.
At the scene of an emergency, natural communication and clear intelligibility are essential. Information arrives loud and clear without the need to check back, so mishearing the person at the other end can be virtually eliminated. This way, not a single word or precious second is lost in emergency situations.
- Solutions for Emergency Services
Superior speech intelligibility
High volume – Background noise suppression – Intelligent Volume Control (IVC) – OpenDuplex® and 16 kHz eHD Voice Audio Bandwidth
Access Control and Communication at doors and barriers
- Secure access to buildings by video surveillance at the reception desk.
- Automatic call forwarding to mobile clients, if the reception desk is not staffed.
- DDA / ADA compliant Intercom Stations for people with mobility, visual or hearing impairments.
- Integration of access readers and access control systems.
- Modules for integration in barrier gates at entrance and exit points.
- Perfect speech intelligebillity even in case of loud traffic noise.
Police Forces – Door Intercom for police station entrances
- When the police station is unattended (e. g., overnight), door calls will be forwarded to a central control station.
- DDA/ADA compliant Intercom stations for people with mobility, visual or hearing impairments
Police Forces – Intercom stations for holding cells
- Vandalism-resistant Intercom stations for holding cells
- Persons held in custody can contact officers directly from within the cell
Integration of radio communication systems
- Integration of police, fire and rescue service radio communication (TETRA / Analogue).
- Simultaneous scanning of up to 8 channels (channel mixing), allowing operators to follow conversations on several channels simultaneously
- One or more radio channels selectable at the simple touch of a button.
- Display of caller identity (ISSI) and Status message transfer (SDS).
Public Address and informational announcementsvia IP connections
- IP Amplifiers and IP Loudspeakers (projector, horn loudspeaker, ceiling speakers), ready for plug-in network connection
- Voice announcements for public areas
- Playback of pre-recorded voice messages for information, warning and evacuation purposes (addressable to individual boarding points or across all connected sites)
Integrated SystemInterfaces / Input – Output control
- Interfaces to third-party systems, such as video surveillance or... (Traffic Guidance, Building Management, etc.)
- Integration of radio technology for communication for police and fire-fighting forces
- Active monitoring of input signals for various purposes, such as fire alarms
- Control of output signals – e. g., for barriers or controlling traffic signals
Permanent availability through System Self-MonitoringEvery call guaranteed to get through – 24/7
- Intercom Stations come equipped with automated functionality self-monitoring (loudspeaker/microphone self-monitoring)
- Connection monitoring
- Redundant server fail-safety and dynamic call forwarding
- Saves costs by eliminating the need for manual function testing
Police stations, local fire brigades and rescue forces can be connected with each other and set up an independent communication network with radio integration therefore.
Control desk management for rescue forcesOverview – Surveillance – Control
Control Desk systems by Commend provide a continuous system-wide overview to support instant reaction in case of an emergency. Thanks to the highly user-friendly GUI, managing even complex Intercom networks or video and control functions is a breeze.
- Call management is tailored to the needs and workflows of the application environment
- Calls can be forwarded automatically to other Control Desks, Intercom stations (stationary or mobile), radio or to land-line telephones
- Automatic call distribution at peak times, including automatic call prioritisation
Software solutions for emergency services Control DesksAudio – Video – Data
- Indication of the calling terminal’s location, and optional automatic display of a video/CCTV connection
- Event logging
- Audio and/or video recording of conversations (Intercom and Radio)
Your integrated Security and Communication Solution for emergency services is just one click away