Universities are like small cities: everyday, professors, students and visitors walk past porter and security lodges into campus buildings. The university communication network is run centrally throughout the campus. The security and communication solution by Commend has been designed with the specific needs and conditions of universities in mind. In addition to information call stations, the solution also offers monitoring and communication support for entrance and exit points, offices, laboratories and libraries. What is more, it supports all necessary precautions to be able to provide instant, well-coordinated assistance in an emergency.
Applications and key benefits
- Only authorised persons are granted access during opening hours. Entrance is only by checking in via the secretary’s office (if this is unattended, door calls are forwarded automatically).
- Optional automatic CCTV activation.
- Potential threats can be detected already at the point of entry.
- Specially designed door Intercom stations offer persons with visual or hearing impairments reliable communication and access to the university premises.
- For internal communication amongst teaching staff and administrators
- “All Call” function with optional return call option, e. g. when looking for specific students or members of staff
- Requesting help – e. g., in case of accidents, mobbing, etc.
- Lecture rooms and buildings are fitted with vandal-resistant Emergency Call Stations that are always ready and available, thanks to automatic functionality self-monitoring. •
- Alarm Point SOS Stations provide enhanced security in outdoor areas.
- Clearly understandable communication is critical when it comes to assessing emergency situations.
- If necessary, the entire university complex can be evacuated through an announcement at the touch of a button.
- A simple push of a button is all it takes to play a pre-recorded voice message or make a live announcement.
- Loudspeakers and Intercom stations can easily be grouped into playback zones to target information messages even more precisely.
- Multi-functional Commend Control Desks make responding to emergency situations quick and easy.
- At the push of a button, automated playback of warning and reassurance messages helps to deescalate critical situations.
- Coordinating help and rescue services via radio communication, directing staff via Intercom or mobilising special forces via telephone – all from the same central Control Desk.
- Solutions for Universities
Superior speech intelligibility
High volume – Background noise suppression – Intelligent Volume Control (IVC) – OpenDuplex® and 16 kHz eHD Voice Audio Bandwidth
Door Communication / Access Control
- Secure controlled building access after lessons start, supported by optional live video stream that can be forwarded to smartphones.
- ADA/DDA compliant Intercom stations for disabled-friendly access based on “two-senses” principle (mutually complementary optical and acoustic signalling), including special labels and built-in induction loop amplifier for hearing aids.
- Integration of access readers and access control systems.
- Modules for integration in barrier gates at entrance and exit points.
Help Points for UniversitiesInformation and Emergency Call Stations
- Resistant against vandalism and rough ambient conditions (water, dirt, dust)
- Extensive range of Intercom stations, including custom tailored Intercom stations that satisfy national requirements and regulations
- Alarm Point SOS Stations for open spaces
- Modern Touch Intercom Stations, featuring intuitive user interaction via self-explanatory graphical user interface
Laboratories and Workshops
- Detergent-resistant Intercom stations for chemistry and physics laboratories, suitable for internal communication.
Ethernet (IoIP/SIP), 2-Wire, 4-Wire
Public Address on university premises
- IP Amplifiers and IP Loudspeakers (projector, horn loudspeaker, ceiling speakers), ready for plug-in network connection
- Voice announcements for single floor or entire building information, and for searching for individual personnel in a building
- Playback of pre-recorded voice messages for information, warning and evacuation purposes
- Activation of media players for background music or radio feeds
- IVC (Intelligent Volume Control) automatically adjusts the volume level to ambient acoustic conditions, making sure that information always arrives loud and clear
Integration support for mobile radio
- Integration of radio communication (TETRA / Analogue).
- Simultaneous scanning of up to 8 channels (channel mixing), allowing operators to follow conversations on several channels simultaneously.
- One or more radio channels selectable at the simple touch of a button.
- Display of caller identity (ISSI) and Status message transfer (SDS).
Permanent availability through system self-monitoringEvery call guaranteed to get through – 24/7
- Intercom Stations come equipped with automated functionality self-monitoring (loudspeaker/microphone self-monitoring)
- Connection monitoring
- Redundant server fail-safety and dynamic call forwarding
- Saves costs by eliminating the need for manual function testing
Interfaces and IntegrationInterfaces / Input – Output control
- Interfaces to third-party systems, such as video surveillance and building management
- Use of input signals as action triggers, e. g. for fire alarms, fault alarms in lifts, etc.
- Output signal control – e. g., for controlling doors or staff entrances
Different sites and universities can easily be networked and served via a central Control Centre.
Easy Control Desk managementOverview – Surveillance – Control
Control Desk systems by Commend provide a continuous system-wide overview to support instant reaction in case of an emergency. Thanks to the highly user-friendly GUI, managing even complex Intercom networks or video and control functions is a breeze.
- Call management is tailored to the needs and workflows of the application environment
- Calls can be forwarded automatically to other Control Desks, Intercom stations (stationary or mobile), or to land-line telephones
- Automatic call distribution at peak times, including automatic call prioritisation
Software solutions for security control centres in universitiesAudio – Video – Data
- The location of the calling terminal, including a live video feed, is displayed on 2D/3D plans
- Event logging
- Audio and/or video recording of calls
Stations and Modules to suit any requirement
Your integrated Security and Communication Solution for university campuses is just one click away